Wednesday, March 31, 2010

more rain?

So, as many of you have probably heard (or experienced), New England has been getting pounded with rain! There is even an apartment complex in my town that is threatening to slip down an embankment into a river... no, its not ours, so don't worry! 

Last night I had to take a different route home because the lake I drive by every day to get to and from work from highway had risen about a foot over the road so the state police shut it down. There is even a guy I work with that couldn't get home at all and had to stay with friends because the flooding on his street was so severe. That would suck! Anyway, my drive home was fairly uneventful except for one stream that had risen over the road, so I am happy about that!  The hubster also got home safely, so all in all we had a pretty quiet night.

Completely unrelated, we have recently discovered that Reggie doesn't like when we chew bubble gum and blow bubbles. For some reason, he totally freaks out. He will run down the hallway and hide from us or bark uncontrollably. Its hilarious! Almost as much fun as tying socks on his feel... but thats another post!

We have also booked our hotel room for our Martha's Vineyard trip in May. I can't wait to get away for a few days! Loved the vineyard last time I was there in 2007, so hopefully this time will be even better (sans Reggie, plus hubby!).

As a parting note, I will leave you with a pic of the CT river that I took yesterday on my way home. You can't really tell what its supposed to look like, but the water is waaaayyy closer than it usually is.


And if we get any more rain, this is what I'm going to look like:



HAPPY TRAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment